I love cooking. It's my way of loving my family and friends.
In the winter, cooking seems less complicated with shorter days, comfort foods, and less running around with extracurricular activities.
Now that spring is here, it inspires me to eat healthier, I realize I have an extra winter layer that I swore wouldn't be there this year!
If your looking for a few new recipes to add to your spring menu try these delicious favorites!
1) I am on a Kale kick, I must admit this is true winter, spring, summer and fall. I adore this Kale Salad from Healthy Girl's Kitchen.
2) You can NEVER go wrong with veggies and hummus! Check out this recipe from eCurry.
3) Fire up the grill for this yummy meal! Brought to you by Iowa Girl Eats.
4) Nothing says spring more than a like a lemony cake. Made with yogurt and butter cream frosting from Kitchen Trial & Error.
5) And of course there is always room for chocolate chips cookies. Check out this salted Ritz Carlton version from Cookies and Cups.
Happy Spring and Happy cooking! Please share some of your favorite spring recipes. For more of our favorites check out our Pinterest board. Don't forget, involve your kids in the kitchen, it's the perfect opportunity to use practical math skills.