When students begin using our Premium Learning System, we want them to make quick, confident progress. To make this happen, we designed a "Student Dashboard" for easy navigation and a motivating way to understand progress.
Student Dashboard - Zippy is the guide
- Zippy, the robot, will point to the lesson kids should do next.
- After the initial Coin Quiz, even though Zippy is pointing at a lesson, a student may choose any of the facts.
- Green Facts - show mastery
- Blue Facts - show the need for more learning
- Yellow Stars - Show each lesson section a student has completed.
- Avatar - Coins earn students more avatar features.
- Click here for more detailed information about the dashboard...
Coin Quiz - Evaluate Daily Progress
- Student learning need: "Where do I start?"
- Students choose from the vertical (shown) or horizontal Coin Quiz.
- This low stress format presents one fact at a time.
- Students earn coins based on how quickly they answer.
- Students may use a mouse, the keyboard, or a touch screen.
- The Coin Quiz will stop at a student's frustration level.
Instructional Videos - Learn with Zippy
- Student learning need: "How do I remember this fact?"
- Zippy is the star in over 100 new animated instructional videos.
- Memorize Videos - Zippy uses proven brain based memory strategies to help kids REMEMBER each multiplication fact.
- Understand Videos - Zippy helps students look at each fact in a variety of methods to help them UNDERSTAND what the fact represents. (Array, Groups Of, Number Line)
- Review Videos - Each multiplication fact lesson also contains a short review video to help students review the memory picture and story.
Memory Practice - Anchor the Memory
- Student learning need: "How can I make the memory stick?"
- The "Memory Practice" lesson contains a number of activities that help anchor the picture and story used in our memory system.
- Memory is reinforced with a "many and varied" approach to practicing.
- Puzzles, "Find the Difference", and other activities reinforce the picture and story.
- Students also earn coins for spending time practicing.
Memory Check - With Picture Support
- Student learning need: "How well am I doing?"
- The Memory Check quiz is the final step before students play games. It is designed to be another memory picture reinforcement tool.
- Before students can play games, they must unlock 4 levels of the "Memory Check."
- Each level presents the equation in a different form. (Reverse order and missing factors)
- This quiz style activity offers picture hints to help students anchor the memory.
Games - Fun Fact Practice
- Student learning need: "How do I stay sharp with my facts?"
- Student practice ONLY facts they know and are working on during their games.
- Facts automatically adjust to the student's ability as they are playing.
- Multi-player games allow kids to play against friends or kids from around the world.
- Our games even the playing field. A student who is learning the twos can compete against someone learning the nines. (Neither will know the other's level.)
- During multi-player play, students can also compete in addition, subtraction, and division to further even the playing field.
Trophies and Coins - Awards and Rewards
- Student learning need: "Wow, learning the times tables is fun! "
- Students can earn over 500 trophies while learning the times tables.
- Trophies are awarded for fact accuracy, fact consistency, time spent in different areas of the lessons, quiz success, and game play.
- An award notification is displayed during lessons and games.
- Coins are earned during quizzes, lessons, and some games. Coins are never spent, they accumulate. The more coins, the more benefits. (More avatar option and games.)
Membership has Awesome Advantages
- Individualizes the teaching sequence for each child
- Automatically monitors, tracks, records, and reports
- Engaging student motivators
- All ads removed so games, quizzes, and activities display full screen
More Membership Features