When a student logs into Multiplication.com as a student, they go directly to the Student Dashboard. The dashboard provides for lesson navigation and also links to all of the main features a student would normally visit. Zippy, an animated robot, guides students through the lessons.
Premium Student Dashboard - Zippy Guides the Learning
- Daily Coin Quiz - Taken daily to re-calibrate lessons.
- Green Lessons - Fact mastery.
- Blue Lessons - Missed or skipped fact.
- Lesson Stars - A yellow star represents completed lesson section.
- Complete Coin Quiz - Quiz over all facts.
- Treasure Chest - Earned coins show progress.
- Avatar - Earn more features with more coins.
- Zippy - Animated dashboard guide.
- Award Trophies - Graphic display of progress status.
1. Coin Quiz - Daily Evaluation of Progress
- Students choose from vertical (shown) or horizontal Coin Quiz format.
- Students earn coins based on how fast they answer.
- Enter answers with a mouse, the keyboard, or a touch screen.
- The Coin Quiz will stop at a student's frustration level.
- Zeros and Ones - A student only needs to get the first zero or ones fact correct to continue with the other facts.
2. Green Lessons - Student Knows Equation
- Lessons are color coded green if the student answers the fact correctly within the allotted time.
- During the Coin Quiz, if a student misses a fact, it will be presented again as the reverse fact. A fact is considered correct and the quiz continues.
- Facts are also color coded green if the students correctly answers the fact a specified number of times during game play.
- A student is allowed to watch the videos, use the Memory Practice, and take the Memory Check even if the lesson is blue.
3. Blue Lessons - Missed, Skipped, or Timed Out
- Lessons are color coded blue if a student gets the fact incorrect during the Coin Quiz.
- The lessons are also blue if a student skips the fact or takes too long to answer it.
- After taking a Coin Quiz, Zippy will be pointing to the first blue lesson a student has missed, skipped, or took too long to answer.
- Even though Zippy is pointing at a lesson, a student can select any of the lessons.
4. Lesson Stars - Lesson Sections Complete
- Each lesson has three instructional sections: Videos, Memory Practice, and Memory Check.
- Students receive a star for each section they complete to the lesson criteria.
- Videos - Earn a star when they watch each of the videos to a set point.
- Memory Practice - Student need to spend a pre-set amount of time practicing. The amount of time spent can be modified under teacher settings.
5. Complete Coin Quiz - Check Progress Over All Facts
- This Coin Quiz is designed to be used as a pre-test or post-test.
- The Complete Coin Quiz does not stop at frustration. It presents all of the equations from the zeros to 9x9.
- As in the regular Coin Quiz, a student is only presented one of the zeros and one of the ones facts. (Unless they answer them incorrectly, then the quiz will give them more to get a complete picture of the facts the student knows.)
- The Complete Coin Quiz will also recalibrate the lessons on the dashboard.
6. Treasure Chest - Coin Count Indicates Progress
- Coins earned are displayed in the treasure chest.
- A student gains coins, but never looses coins.
- By earning more and more coins, a student unlocks more and more Avatar features and is allowed to unlock more games.
- Other extended features are unlocked as a student earns more coins.
7. Avatar - More features with More Coins
- As a student earns more coins, more avatar features are unlocked. (We currently have over 500 avatar features.)
- A student must click the save button for the avatar to retain features.
- A Premium subscription unlocks special features including backgrounds, accessories, and costumes.
8. Zippy - Video Star and Dashboard Guide
- Zippy is always here to guide students to their next lesson.
- Zippy also guides students through each of the lesson sections.
- Zippy also stars in most of the instructional videos.
- He is a tireless instructor who is always available to help.
9. Award Trophies - Student Recognition
- Currently, there are over 500 award trophies a student can earn.
- A student can look at the trophies they have earned by clicking here.
- Trophies are awarded for equation speed and accuracy as well as for quizzes taken and games played.
10. Avatar Name - Secure and Anonymous
- The avatar name is used for security in all multi-player games. (This keeps usernames secret.)
- A student may change their avatar name in their dashboard. A teacher sees and may modify the avatar name from the teacher dashboard.
Membership has Awesome Advantages
- Individualizes the teaching sequence for each child
- Automatically monitors, tracks, records, and reports
- Engaging student motivators
- All ads removed so games, quizzes, and activities display full screen
More Membership Features